Thursday 17 September 2009

 

To Do Today: Sign up for Whole Foods class and Vote for Green Party

Today is an important day for two reasons. Firstly, today is the last chance to sign-up for Cooking for Health – Diabetes class, happening at Whole Foods Market – Yorkville this Tuesday September 22nd @ 6:30pm. I guarantee you’ll be feed, meet interesting people, and learn something new. Go on now, and call Whole Foods @ 416-944-0500 or better yet, visit them (it’s a lovely store) at 87 Avenue road.

Secondly, if you’re in the St. Paul’s riding, today is by-election day. This blog is usually about wellness and not politics. I’m going to tell you why I’m voting for the Green Party and how that's related to wellness.

Every election I vote for the Green party. Sure it’s always the party that’s a guaranteed loose and those strategic voters call it a wasted vote. I still vote for them. Why? Because wellness issues like the environment, personal health, equality and human rights are issues I care about and so does the Green Party. I’m tired of the three main parties taking over at debates. I’m tired of the bitching and stabbing they do to one another. I know that I’m not the only one that’s tired.

This election is particularly important to me because I actually know the candidate. I’d call him a friend.
Chris Chopik lives the life that the Green Party stands for. He has done more to clean up, bring awareness, create bonds, friendship and connections within this community than any of the other candidates. He’s easy to talk to, non-judgmental, and cares about the future of our city and the impact it has on the earth. I couldn’t think of a better person to take on the job.

If you live in St. Paul’s and haven’t voted already, think about your loyalty and what your party has done for you. Think about change and accepting the new. If we all gave the little guy a chance, we might just make some big gains. On that note, I’m heading out shortly to vote for the Green Party. We will return to our regular wellness blog programming tomorrow...new recipe to be posted!
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?